by Elaine Waters. Custom-made bridles and leatherwork. Every stitch by hand.
Orders and shipping
In the making
How to put together a military headcollar
1. The headpiece strap goes through the nearside of the browband, then through the wider slot in the poll piece.
2. Then through the offside of the browband, and does up to the large buckle on the offside.
3. Put the throatlash through the small ring on the jowl piece from the nearside.
4. The put the throatlash through the browband and the smaller slot in the poll piece, offside first.
5. Then through the nearside of the browband.
6. The long bridle head (long cheek strap) then goes up through the outer loop of the browband and lies on top of the poll piece.
7. And does up to the short bridlehead on the nearside.